Avalanche RP Community and Server Rules
These rules are subject to change as the needs arise. Rules will be enforced
by staff at their discretion depending on the severity of the rule break.
Last updated: 17th July 2021
- Age requirements: You must be 18+ to play on this server.
- Character needs to have a somewhat realistic name, and must not break TOS.
- A working mic is required.
- Racist, discriminatory, or otherwise derogatory remarks in character, OOC, discord, or any other platform are prohibited.
- You are required to follow Twitch terms of service This includes playing music over your microphone or the use of third-party programs to play music into the game.
- Being toxic or breeding toxicity in any platform (this includes twitch, Reddit, Discord, etc.) can have you removed from the community at any point in time.
- Be respectful towards staff.
Player reports and bug tickets:
- Tickets should be submitted when the issue is regarding any community-related problems such as player violations or community-related issues.
- Bug reports should be submitted regarding glitches, exploits, broken system issues. Anything that is system-related should be pushed through the bug reports so that the devs may take a look at it.
- Reports can be made through the ticket tool in Discord. Any other proof you have such as video clips, twitch streams, or more should be submitted at this time as well.
- Bug reports can be made here: BUGS AHHHH!
- Stay in character at all times [A]:
- In the event there’s an issue, completely roleplay the scenario and fill out a ticket if needed. Do not break character to inform the player they are breaking a rule in-game.
- Do not do actions in-game to bait others into breaking roleplay/rules.
- Server restarts [A]:
- Roleplay shouldn’t be stopped or become less serious before a restart, it should continue as normal.
- Looting/robbing [A]:
- Looting any player without much roleplay presented for them is prohibited and is considered low effort roleplay.
- Robbing/kidnapping players at the end of a job or location where you can sell and/or craft is considered power gaming/low effort RP.
- Metagaming [D]:
- Purposely using or relaying information that your character did not learn in-game (Twitch chats and Discord channels included) to shape in-game roleplay.
- Powergaming/Fail RP/Low Effort RP [B]:
- Using means not actually in-game to gain an advantage or not attempting to fit into the world sensibly:
- Talking/Organizing/Calling out locations while downed.
- Finding the quickest way to make money, rather than roleplaying around the mechanic.
- The use of /me and /notes should be used as much as possible to help aid your scenarios.
- Driving at unrealistic speeds with no character reason over and over.
- Government employees not obeying road laws.
- Combat logging to avoid an unfavorable outcome.
- Random Death Match(RDM) & Vehicle Death Match (VDM) [B or C Depending on the Situation]:
- Attacking another player/group without any story/roleplay/initiation leading up to it.
- Attacking another player/group using a Vehicle with the intent to kill/knock them out without valid reasoning or initiation.
- Speed (100+) attacking other vehicles (Ramming).
- New Life Rule (NLR) [B]:
- If you are downed your character forgets the immediate events leading up to being downed in the current scenario. This includes stages one and two. You may not respawn if you’ve been advised that police or EMS is on the way to your scene.
- You must try and contact medical help of some sort while incapacitated.
- Multiple characters(from the same player) in one gang/group) [B]:
- This is not allowed. In general, try to avoid creating multiple characters involved in the same story/scenarios and could use the same information to push their goals.
- Not Valuing Life (NVL) [B]:
- Not realistically fearing for your life when you are threatened with weapons or severe harm from other means.
- Antagonizing gangs/police or armed individuals for no character reason.
- Jumping down two stories and taking a small amount of damage just because it is faster than taking the stairs.
- Players should not be inserting themselves into ongoing situations or shootouts, between two groups or one group and the police.
- Criminal activities [B]:
- The robbery of police officers for weapons is not permitted.
- Criminal activities are limited to 4 players max at a time.
- Relaying information to or between characters (lookouts, radio communications) counts you as part of that scenario.
- Choosing shooters/grinders over roleplayers is not acceptable.
- Whenever characters are brought into police custody and the second group of four is formed to attempt a prison break or transport break, that second group is not allowed to intervene until the prison transport begins. Doing so with small weapons or an unthought-out plan is also NVL.
- You are not allowed to smuggle items into jail unless you are participating in a jailbreak.
- Gang conflicts/wars are limited to once a week and must have valid reasoning.
- The targeting of the same group/person repeatedly is prohibited.
- Heat – Criminals should be mindful of the attention from police their actions may generate. Give yourself enough time between your crimes for things to cool down. (Do not chain rob stores.)
- Roleplay before gunplay [B]:
- Exhaust all other possible roleplay options before using weapons.
The use of firearms should only be used as a last resort or fall within reason for the scenario.
- Exhaust all other possible roleplay options before using weapons.
- The kidnapping of emergency services:
- Cops can only be kidnapped/used as hostages if 4 or more police are on duty.
- On-duty EMTs can only be kidnapped/used as hostages if more than 2 EMTs are on duty.
- Suicide RP is not allowed [C]:
- This includes threatening to do harm to your character that would lead up to killing them. If suicide RP is played out, you may face a forceful deletion of that character and the possible cancellation of your passport.
- Red/green zones: [B]:
- Zancudo Air Force Base & the aircraft carrier are red zones and are off-limits.
- Community and server events are green zones. Violence will not be tolerated.
- Only the character’s player can decide to perma their character.
- Perma deaths are permanent – once you’ve decided to kill off your character it cannot be undone.
- Characters must be deleted after permadeaths have occurred.
- Roleplay flexibility:
- Be mindful of other people’s RP/stories.
- Keep your character’s story moving forward.
- Be able to improvise – understand scenarios will not always go your way and be able to adjust accordingly.
Basic Decency & Respect:
- Disagreements and arguments should be kept out of public channels. If you wish to air your grievances with another player please take it to DMs, though understand our rules and guidelines still apply.
- While our goal is to foster a roleplaying experience free from constraints, we realize we have a duty to protect all members of our community regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, etc.
- We strive to create an environment; a community that promotes a welcoming atmosphere to all members; a community that its members can be proud to say they are a part of.
- Avalanche RP takes a hard stance against any derogatory terms or actions against its members.
- We will enforce a strict code of conduct within our community and act on distasteful items, for example, sexual harassment, excessive name-calling or shaming, disrespectful attacks on a personal level, etc.
- At the end of the day, we are all here to enjoy a world outside of the one we live in. We are here to escape to a world where we can create a new life with amazing experiences.
- Simply put, respect one another; have justification and reasoning for your actions. Simply saying “it’s my character” will not be considered a valid response.
- Remember staff is always here to help with any matters or issues that arise no matter how big or small by simply opening a ticket. We are a Community
Note these are only baselines; each situation is different and will be handled accordingly to the issues presented.
- Class A – 1 Day Ban & 10 Warning Points
- Class B – 3 Day Ban & 15 Warning Points
- Class C – 7 Day Ban & 25 Warning Points
- Class D – Perm (Can apply for an unban after 30 Days) & 30 Warning Points
If you receive 60 or more warning points you will automatically be permanently banned from the server.