Reply To: Suggestion that Kevlar vests should not be allowed to be appiled mid gunfight

Home Forums Community suggestions and feedback Suggestion that Kevlar vests should not be allowed to be appiled mid gunfight Reply To: Suggestion that Kevlar vests should not be allowed to be appiled mid gunfight

Hi V. We spoke a bit about this in the Discord chat, and I for one agree with the logic of all players (not just PD) taking into account that charactersshould role play the application of a new vest, which should be impossible to do if they are actively driving a car at high speeds. If someone is riding shotgun, or in the backseat, then I can see them being able to apply the vest.

I was only part of the medical RP that happened in that scene, so all I can add is: If people need to take the time to fix their car with a repair kit, (which I think takes around 20 seconds), the same logic should apply for applying body armor.

Also, I realize that what you heard the officer say over push-to-talk can lead you believe that he did it while he was actively behind the wheel. That being said, the officer could have been referring to a previous instance in which your character or another had previously caused him to need to re-apply a vest (for example, they lost site of your car, he pulled over, applied the new vest. And then once they found your car later on in the chase, he may have made the comment about the vest saving his life). I don’t want to speculate too much, but I’m just throwing that out there as a possibility of what may have happened in that scene.

From the development side of things, is there a way to have someone’s controls lock up if they choose to apply a vest while driving? If it’s something that can be easily implemented, then maybe that can also work. Otherwise, I can see the application of a vest mid-chase may be an example of Fail RP.

As you said, it’s up to Avalanche RP owners and the Community, so I’m curious what others think. Also, thank you for posting your concern about the vest, because I do think it’s worth talking about.

READY TO Become a supporter?

Thoses that wish to support the server and fund this project get awesome perks.

Avalanche RP © 2022  •  All related content, characters, names and materials that could be part of an existing work, are the exclusive property of their authors.